DC Sketch Crawl I
Attendee Cap: 30
Tour Description: Join renowned urban sketcher, James Richards on a sketch crawl that captures the monumental sights of the western side of the National Mall.
Points of Interest: Washington Monument, World War II Memorial, Reflecting Pool, Constitution Gardens, the Vietnam Veterans’ Memorial, and the Lincoln Memorial.
- Good shoes for walking and weather-appropriate clothing
- Sketchbook—size/format/paper quality per personal preference
- Sketching pencils and ink pens (felt tip or fountain pens)
- A Sharpie fine point or a black brush pen (Pitt Artist Pen or similar)
- A range of colored pencils or watercolor pencils
- A waterbrush (if you use watercolor pencils)
- A shoulder bag, backpack or similar for carrying supplies in the field
- A hat, sunscreen and water bottle are always a good idea
- Small lightweight folding stool (optional)
- Feel free to bring any personal favorite supplies not listed here
Other Expenses: Participants may want to purchase beverages as needed, which can be purchased along the way.
9 AM Departure: Samuel Riggs IV Alumni Center
9:45 PM: Arrive on Constitution Avenue at Washington Monument
9:45-12 PM: Tour the west side of The National Mall
12 PM: Pick up at Lincoln Memorial
12:45 PM Return: Samuel Riggs IV Alumni Center