DC Sketch Crawl II
Attendee Cap: 30
Tour Description: The Washington Mall is home to some of the most prominent spaces in the American Landscape which can leave a lasting impact on any visitor. In this Sketch Crawl, we will be touring east of the National Mall, exploring the larger move of the overall park down to the details of individual buildings. Students will be encouraged to consider the rich characteristics which make this park so memorable and capture them in their sketchbooks.
- Good shoes for walking and weather-appropriate clothing
- Sketchbook—size/format/paper quality per personal preference
- Preferred choice of pencil / pen / marker / watercolor
- A shoulder bag, backpack or similar for carrying supplies in the field
- A hat, sunscreen and water bottle are always a good idea
- Small lightweight folding stool (optional)
- Feel free to bring any personal favorite supplies not listed here
Other Expenses: If tour-goers require transportation back to College Park, MD rather than continuing on to the Closing Ceremony, they will need to purchase a metro ticket or Uber.
The tour will start on the east side of the Washington Monument, then head east towards the Capitol. Tour will conclude at Gallery Place, Chinatown, where all attendees will join to explore dining options. Then you will be able to walk directly to our Closing Ceremony which begins at 7:45 PM at Ultrabar. Please bring the change of clothing you need to enjoy our Closing Ceremony!
2:30 PM Departure: Samuel Riggs IV Alumni Center
3:15 - 5:45 PM: Tour east end of the National Mall
6:00 PM Return: End at Gallery Place, Chinatown